Elsevier; 6th edition (August 15; 2018)
Focusing on the essential aspects of pharmacology you need to know; Brody’s Human Pharmacology 6th Edition; keeps you fully up to date with all that’s new in the field. A new organizational approach; streamlined content; and thoroughly updated information ensure your grasp of key concepts and prepare you for exams. Nearly five hundred full-color illustrations explain important processes; while color-coded boxes for therapeutic overviews; major drugs; clinical problems; and trade names reinforce your mastery of the information.
The Sixth Edition of this easy-to-use textbook is now fully up to date with:
- NEW chapter devoted entirely to personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics.
- NEW chapter on cannabinoids and their use for pain and other disorders; in light of recent legalization in many states.
- NEW chapters on recent developments in the treatment of ADHD; Alzheimer’s disease; and the latest treatments for HIV.
- NEW section on pain management.
- NEW section in each chapter covering “Clinical Relevance for Healthcare Professionals” that provides important information specific to dentists; physical therapists; and dental hygienists; and many other medical professionals.
Plus these college student-friendly features:
- A new organizational approach; focusing on integration and systems-based learning.
- Contributions from leading faculty who cover the most important aspects of pharmacology necessary for a basic understanding of the subject; including clinical applications; concepts; and side effects.
- USMLE-style self-assessment questions and answers at the end of every chapter; and rationales in the Appendix.