Carl E. Misch
Mosby; 3rd edition
Turn to this new Contemporary Implant Dentistry 3rd edition for consistent outcomes on even your most complex implant cases! World-renowned dental implantologist Carl E. Misch gives you expert advice and guidance on the various surgical approaches to placing implants in the revision of his best-selling classic. Over 1;000 full-color illustrations depict details of implants; related materials; and surgical procedures; while well-known contributors (Mohamed Sharawy; Martha Warren Bidez; Adriano Piatelli; and others) share a wealth of knowledge in their respective fields. This third edition provides an excellent opportunity for you to develop and refine your skills and experience more consistent; predictable clinical outcomes.
- Thorough explanations of the rationale for implants and their specific characteristics discuss why different options work better for different patients; the rationale behind implant materials and sizes; and the overall science of osteointegrated implants – providing a full understanding of how implants behave under certain circumstances and how to make the best choices for implant patients.
- Chapter on Diagnostic Imaging and Techniques focuses on the latest technology available to determine patient conditions; familiarizing you with recent advances and how they apply to treatment planning principles.
- Section on Treatment Planning discusses the rationales for implant placement; variables in implants and patient conditions; and the four degrees of jaw bone density; Dr. Misch’s best-known criterion for successful implant placement.
- Prepares you for actual treatment by reviewing scientific fundamentals such as applied anatomy; biomechanical principles; current biomaterials; prevention and management of dental infections; and pharmacologic considerations.
- Surgical procedure chapters are of benefit to the implant surgeon and are critical to the restoring dentist who wants to better understand and appreciate surgical concepts.
- Over 1;000 full-color illustrations depict details of implants; related materials; and surgical procedures.
- Brand-new coverage includes: Key Implant Positions and Number; Ideal Implant Surgery; Extraction Socket and Barrie Membrane Bone Grafts; Immediate Loading for a Single Tooth; Sinus Pathology and Complications of Sinus Grafts; Partially Edentulous and Completely Edentulous Patient.
- Important updates include indications and contraindications for rationale of biomechanical treatment plans; layered approach to bone grafting; autograft block bone grafting; soft tissue surgery; and implant esthetics and maintenance.
- A new chapter on Tissue Engineering uses current information on platelet-rich plasma membranes and other elements of tissue engineering so you can take advantage of appropriate materials.
- Emphasis on evidence-based implant outcomes provides valuable information on which procedures have the greatest likelihood of success and lowest risk of complications.