Barbara Cherry, Susan R. Jacob
452 pages [927 in PDF]
Thoroughly prepare for the rapidly evolving world of nursing with Contemporary Nursing: Issues; Trends; & Management; 7th Edition; (PDF). Expert authors Susan Jacob and Barbara Cherry combine their own expertise from both practice and academics as they cover the relevant issues affecting today’s nurses. In 28 chapters; including a new chapter on palliative care; this comprehensive new 7th edition takes readers through the evolution of nursing; the role of the nurse today; collaboration and communication; safe and effective decision-making; job opportunities; leadership; and a number of timely issues affecting healthcare and nursing practice today.
- Case studies help students apply theory to clinical practice.
- NEW! Updated coverage reflects the latest NCLEX test plan.
- Humorous cartoons open each chapter to illustrate the chapter themes.
- Full-color design enhances the narrative with a visually appealing and clear explanation of concepts.
- NEW! Professional/Ethical Issue boxes provide a short scenario about an ethical issue related to the chapter content.
- Key terms; chapter overviews; learning outcomes; and chapter summaries help readers focus their learning experience.
- NEW! Combined chapter on quality improvement and QSEN keeps readers up to date on the latest competencies from the Institute of Medicine.
- Unit on Career Management provides strategies on how to make the transition from student to practitioner and tips on how to pass the NCLEX-RN Examination.
- Unit on Leadership and Management in Nursing includes content to prepare nurses to effectively function in the management roles expected of the professional nurse.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of working in an interdisciplinary team reflects the changing healthcare landscape and need to work in collaboration with a variety of healthcare specialists.
- NEW! A chapter on palliative care focuses on how to best provide patients with relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness; and how to improve the quality of life for both the patient and family.
- NEW! Incorporation of Triple Aim in healthcare discusses ways to improve the health of the population; enhance the experience and outcomes of the patient; and reduce per capita cost of care for the benefit of communities.
- Vignettes at the beginning of each chapter personalize nursing history and practice and help readers understand their place in the profession. Questions to Consider While Reading This Chapter follows the vignettes and prepares the reader for the topic to be discussed.
NOTE: This only includes the eBook Contemporary Nursing: Issues; Trends; & Management; 7e; in PDF. No online access codes come with it. This PDF has been converted from an ePub; hence the page numbers & formatting will NOT match the printed book.