Edmund S. Cibas, Barbara S. Ducatman
Elsevier; 5th edition
Concise yet all-embracing; Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates; 5th Edition (PDF) is a practical guide to the diagnostic interpretation of virtually any cytological specimen you may encounter. This highly useful bench manual encompasses all organ systems and situations in which cytology is used; including gynecologic; non-gynecologic; and FNA samples; with a complete differential diagnosis discussion for all major entities.
[Cytology = The branches of medicine and biology concerned with the function and structure of animal and plant cells.]
As with prior editions; the revised 5th Edition stresses on practical issues in diagnosis and the use of cytology in clinical care; making it perfect for both trainee and practicing pathologists.
- Offers an in-depth analysis of common diagnostic pitfalls to assist with daily sign-out and reporting.
- Features over 550 full-color illustrations that provide a real-life perspective of a full range of cytologic findings.
- Includes coverage of patient management in discussions of pertinent clinical features and stresses clinical correlation throughout.
- Explores the role of immunohistochemistry; flow cytometry; and molecular biology in resolving difficulties in interpretation and diagnosis.
- Consists of a video on how to perform fine-needle aspiration biopsy; from the patient interview and precautions to a demonstration of techniques.
- Discusses hot topics such as new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in the differential diagnosis; new techniques; the latest Bethesda System classifications/terminology; and new adjunct tests.
- Uses easy-to-read; bulleted text to give a quick review of key differential diagnoses; indications and methods; clinical pearls; cytomorphologic features; and tissue acquisition protocols for specific entities.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook; Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates; 5e; in PDF. No access codes are included.