Paul J. Deitel, Harvey Deitel
Pearson; 4th Edition
1087 pages [3299 in converted PDF]
Java 9 for Programmers 4th edition (PDF/AZW3) is written for programmers with a background in another high-level language; this ebook applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores the Java® 9 language and APIs in depth. The ebook presents concepts in fully tested programs; complete with code walkthroughs; code highlighting; syntax shading; and program outputs. Java 9 for Programmers 4e features hundreds of complete Java 9 programs with thousands of lines of proven code and hundreds of software-development tips that will help you build robust applications.
Start with an introduction to Java using early classes and objects approach; then rapidly move on to more advanced topics; including JavaFX GUI; graphics; animation; and video; lambdas; streams; exception handling; object serialization; functional interfaces; generics; generic collections; concurrency; database with JDBC™ and JPA; and compelling new Java 9 features; such as the Java Platform Module System; interactive Java with JShell (for experimentation; discovery; and rapid prototyping) and more. You will enjoy the Deitels’ classic treatment of object-oriented programming and the object-oriented design ATM case study; including a complete Java implementation. When you’re finished; you’ll have everything you need to build industrial-strength; object-oriented Java 9 applications.
New Java® 9 Features
- Java® 9’s Platform Module System
- Interactive Java via JShell—Java 9’s REPL
- Collection Factory Methods; Matcher Methods; Stream Methods; JavaFX Updates; Using Modules in JShell; Security Enhancements; Private Interface Methods; Completable Future Updates; and many other languages and API updates.
Core Java Features
- Generics and Generic Collections
- I/O Streams; XML Serialization; Files
- Recursion; Database (JDBC™ and JPA)
- Objects; Classes; Inheritance; Polymorphism; Interfaces; Encapsulation
- JavaFX GUI; 2D and 3D Graphics; Video; CSS; Animation; Scene Builder
- Concurrency for Optimal Multi-Core Performance; JavaFX Concurrency APIs
- Composition vs. Inheritance; “Programming to an Interface not an Implementation”
- Sequential and Parallel Streams; Lambdas; Functional Interfaces with Default and Static Methods; Immutability
Keep in Touch With The Authors
- Contact the authors at:
- email at [email protected]
- Twitter® at twitter.com/deitel
- LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn
- YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan
- For source code and updates; visit: www.deitel.com/books/Java9FP
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/subscribe.html
P.S We also have the Java 9 for Programmers 4th edition testbank and other instructor resources for sale. Contact for more info
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Java 9 for Programmers 4e in the original AZW3 format. A converted PDF is also included.