Wiley; 4th edition
he engineer’s ready reference for mechanical power and heat – Mechanical Engineer’s Handbook provides the most comprehensive coverage of the entire discipline; with a focus on explanation and analysis. Packaged as a modular approach; these books are designed to be used either individually or as a set; providing engineers with a thorough; detailed; ready reference on topics that may fall outside their scope of expertise. Each book provides discussion and examples as opposed to straight data and calculations; giving readers the immediate background they need while pointing them toward more in-depth information as necessary. Volume 4: Energy and Power covers the essentials of fluids; thermodynamics; entropy; and heat; with chapters dedicated to individual applications such as air heating; cryogenic engineering; indoor environmental control; and more. Readers will find detailed guidance toward fuel sources and their technologies; as well as a general overview of the mechanics of combustion.
Unlike other handbooks; the Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook 4e PDF goes beyond lists of formulas and data; providing real examples and discussion of each topic to help you quickly understand how to get the outcomes you want. Mechanical Engineers Handbook Volume 4; Energy and Power; is your complete guide to what makes materials suitable for particular uses; as well as the methodologies used to ensure success.
Inside this volume:
- Contributions from forty industry-leading experts
- Detailed coverage of both traditional and alternative fuel sources
- 4 new chapters on fuel cells; wind turbines; heat pipes; and thermal systems optimization
- Exhaustive tables and charts illustrate thermophysical properties; thermodynamics; and various energy sources
- 4 chapters updated by new contributors; including indoor environmental control; combustion; fluid power; and air movement mechanics
No single engineer can be a specialist in all areas that they are called on to work in the diverse job functions and industries they occupy. This PDF handbook gives them a resource for finding the information they need; with a focus on topics related to the transmission; productions; and use of mechanical power and heat.
- Understand the nature of energy and its proper measurement and analysis
- Learn how the mechanics of energy apply to refrigeration; furnaces; thermal systems; and more
- Examine the and pros and cons of coal; biofuel; petroleum; wind; solar; and geothermal power
- Review the mechanical parts that transmit; generate; and store different types of power; and the applicable guidelines
Engineers must frequently refer to standards; data tables; and other list-type references; but this book is different; instead of just providing the answer; it explains why the answer is what it is. Engineers will appreciate this approach; and come to find Volume 4: Energy and Power an invaluable reference.
NOTE: We have all 4 volumes for sale. Only the Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook 4th edition; Volume 4 Energy and Power PDF is included in this item. No access codes are included.