Saunders; 8th edition
Learn the basics of medical terminology with the ebook Medical Terminology: A Short Course; 8th Edition (PDF)! Based on Davi-Ellen Chabner’s proven learning method; this streamlined textbook omits nonessential; time-consuming information and helps students quickly build a working medical vocabulary of the most frequently encountered suffixes; prefixes; and word roots. Medical terms are introduced in the context of human anatomy and physiology so you understand the exact meaning; and vignettes; case studies; and activities demonstrate how they’re used in practice. With writing and interacting with medical terminology on almost every page; you will learn the content by doing the work. In addition; an Evolve companion website reinforces understanding with medical animations; flashcards; and word games.
- Full-color images illustrate anatomical and pathological terms.
- Spotlight feature identifies and clarifies potentially confusing terminology.
- NEW! Body Systems Challenge self-test reinforces content understanding at your own pace.
- First Person narratives help you to understand diseases and conditions from the patient’s perspective.
- Medical Terminology Check Up at the end of each chapter reinforces your understanding of key concepts.
- UNIQUE! Accompanying online course (MTO) provides interactive resources not possible in the printed textbook.
- Easy to read and understandable language allows you; regardless of medical background; to quickly grasp and retain medical terminology.
- Evolve student resources optimized for tablet use; and mobile-optimized versions of the flashcards and quick quizzes make it easier for on-the-go study and review.
- Picture Show activities; practical case studies; and vignettes demonstrate real-life applications of medical terms in describing describe pathology and procedures.
- Principal Diagnosis feature shows how medical terms are used in clinical practice by asking you to read physician notes about a case and determine the patient’s principal diagnosis.
- Self-teaching textbook/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams; pronunciation tests; and review sheets throughout the ebook.
NOTE: This sale only includes Medical Terminology: A Short Course; 8e; in PDF. No access codes included.