Academic Press; 2nd edition
The ebook Modern Physics for Scientists and Engineers 2nd edition (in PDF) is intended for a first course in modern physics. Beginning with a brief and focused account of the historical events leading to the formulation of modern quantum theory; later chapters delve into the underlying physics. Streamlined content; chapters on semiconductors; Dirac equation and quantum field theory; as well as a robust pedagogy and ancillary package; including an accompanying website with computer applets; assist science students in learning the essential material. The applets provide a realistic description of the energy levels and wave functions of electrons in crystals and atoms. The Hartree-Fock and ABINIT applets are valuable tools for studying the properties of atoms and semiconductors.
- Carefully considers fundamental subjects such as transition probabilities; reciprocal lattices; crystal structure; and Bloch theorem which are fundamental to any treatment of lasers and semiconductor devices
- Develops modern quantum mechanical ideas systematically and uses these ideas consistently throughout the ebook
- Features expanded exercises and problems at the end of each chapter
- Clarifies each important concept through the use of a simple example and often an illustration
- Offers multiple appendices to provide quick-reference for students
Note: This product only includes the PDF of the book. No other access codes; online access etc is included