Nigel Slack, Mike Lewis
Pearson; 5th edition
This well-structured; clear and interesting textbook; Operations Strategy; 5th edition (PDF) by Slack and Lewis offers insight into the more advanced topic of Operations Strategy. Building on concepts from operations management; strategic management; marketing and HRM; this ebook encourages a thorough understanding of Operations Strategy in a variety of organisations and businesses. Ideal for Postgraduate and Advanced Undergraduate students; this PDF ebook builds on concepts from Marketing; Human Resource Management; Strategic Management; and Operations Management; to give college students a comprehensive understanding of Operations Strategy.
New to this Fifth edition
- Many new and updated examples; which cover the topical issues in operations strategy.
- An approach that highlights some of the developments in operations strategy; especially how its concepts are having a wider application.
- The inclusion of some new material relating to such issues as the VRIO framework; the idea of the three levels of performance; business ecosystems; and topics in product/service innovation.
- The introduction (and reintroduction) of short and long case studies; while retaining those that proved popular from the previous edition. These cases can still be used to form the basis of a whole course in operations strategy.
- Multiple theories in every chapter exploring the underpinning ideas
- Comprehensive and accessible with an excellent blend of theory and practice
- Focus on the interaction between operational resources and external requirements
- Key questions which set the scene at the beginning of each chapter as well as summary answers
- Engaging case studies and examples that illustrate the broad and long-term issues of operations strategy
NOTE: This sale only includes Slack & Lewis’ ebook Operations Strategy 5e in PDF. No access codes included.