Karin C. VanMeter, Robert J. Hubert
Saunders; 5th edition
A concise; easy-to-understand introduction to the basics; Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions; 5th Edition; (PDF) helps you learn vital concepts of major diseases/disorders and disease processes. Continuing in its renowned tradition of readability and vivid; full-color illustrations; the text is revised with the up-to-date research and trends in human disease. Disorders are defined by body system; with coverage of the connections between systems; and special features help you implement the material to real-life situations. No matter which healthcare field you may enter; Gould’s Pathophysiology 5e trains you for the conditions faced in clinical practice.
- Warning Signs boxes help you recognize the pre-emptive signs of physiologic events like strokes.
- Learning objectives and bulleted chapter summaries assist you to emphasise on key concepts and information.
- Unique Think About questions alert you to key points and help with test preparation; self-evaluation; and review.
- Research boxes discuss new developments; complications associated with research and problem areas of pathophysiology.
- Key terms are listed at the start of each chapter and defined within the text; covering the scientific terminology you need to know.
- Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to use what you’ve learned to forecast What can go wrong with this structure or system?
- Emergency Treatment boxes provide step-by-step instructions to follow for emergencies such as cardiac arrest; shock; and pneumothorax.
- A brief and readable approach includes the information you need without being overpowering; even if you have a limited scientific background.
- Ready References in the appendix offer a quick lookup for anatomic terms; abbreviations and acronyms; conversion tables; diagnostic studies and tests; and more.
- NEW Defense/Protective Mechanisms section merges coverage of inflammation and healing; infection; and immunity.
- UPDATED chapters are restructured with a building-block method that offers content in a more logical and systematic approach.
- UPDATED format for individual disorders includes 1) background; 2) pathophysiology; 3) signs and symptoms 4) etiology; 5) diagnoses; 6) likely related complications/disorders; and 7) treatments/research.
- NEW! Pathophysiology of Body Systems chapters start with a brief review of normal anatomy and physiology and show the interactions and the interrelatedness between systems.
- NEW authors bring a contemporary and fresh approach to the content while keeping true to the integrity of Barbara Gould’s original text
“Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions 5e can easily be integrated into a course as a prescribed ebook to students in the health care professions. The authors of this ebook are applauded for their role to the literature on pathophysiology and its application to the health professions.” — Dr. Benita Olivier; University of the Witwatersrand
P.S A newer edition is also available. See below
NOTE: The product includes the ebook; Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions; 5th Edition; in PDF. No access codes are included.