Jean W. Solomon, Jane Clifford O’Brien
Mosby; 4th edition
Learn to supply efficient remedy for adolescents and youngsters with Pediatric Skills for Occupational Therapy Assistants; 4th Edition; (PDF) This market-main textbook affords a complete; utility-targeted information to pediatric occupational remedy helping by incorporating the AOTA Practice Framework. The textbook’s simple-to-use and targeted strategy to pediatrics covers every part from the scope of apply to in-depth protection of pediatric well being situations; regular growth; and therapy planning. This new 4th edition has additionally been totally expanded and up to date to include new content material and chapters on bodily agent modalities; group techniques; childhood weight problems; the Model of Human Occupation assessments; neurodevelopmental therapy; documentation; and ideas of elongation.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Pearls containers spotlight knowledgeable recommendation and ideas from the authors and contributors.
- Suggested actions in every chapter assist readers bridge the hole between the classroom and the clinic.
- Case examples present snapshots of actual-life conditions to indicate how key ideas apply to actual-life conditions.
- The incorporation of prevention info demonstrates that the OTA’s function goes past intervention and therapy.
- Review questions and summaries on the finish of every chapter assist readers assess and consider what they’ve discovered.
- Evidence-based content material incorporates medical trials and final result research to show the evidentiary foundation for OTA apply.
- Inclusion of cultural variety and sensitivity points familiarize readers with the various teams of people who OTAs deal with in apply.
- NEW! Content on bodily agent modalities (PAMS) outlines the speculation and utility of PAMS as utilized by OTAs with pediatric shoppers.
- NEW! Content on rising areas of apply (similar to group techniques) broadens readers’ consciousness of the place interventions for youngsters can happen.
- User sources on Evolve companion web site include quite a lot of actions to assist reinforce the fabric within the textual content; together with: video clips and overview questions.
- Key phrases; chapter outlines; and chapter targets at the start of every chapter put together readers for the knowledge they’re anticipated to study from the chapter.
- NEW! Pediatric MOHO assessments that are actually obtainable within the chapter on Model of Human Occupation (MOHO) assessments describe how these assessments may also help with intervention.
- NEW! Content on childhood weight problems; documentation; neurodevelopmental therapy; and ideas of elongation have been added to maintain readers abreast of the newest developments and issues.
- UNIQUE! Video clips on the Evolve companion web site present pediatric shoppers concerned in quite a lot of occupational remedy interventions to show how ideas apply to precise apply.
- The household-centered perspective makes use of the terminology of the AOTA Practice Framework to concentrate on tailoring the OT strategy to fulfill the wants of youngsters inside the context of their very own environments.
NOTE: This sale solely contains the ebook Pediatric Skills for Occupational Therapy Assistants 4e in PDF. No access codes included.