John E. Bennett, Martin J. Blaser, Raphael Dolin
Saunders; 8th edition
After 35 years; Mandell; Douglas; and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases; 8th Edition (PDF) is still the go-to reference of choice for comprehensive; global guidance on treating and diagnosing the most challenging infectious diseases. Drs. Raphael Dolin and John E. Bennett along with new editorial team member Dr. Martin Blaser have meticulously updated this latest 8th edition to save you time and to ensure you have the latest scientific and clinical knowledge at your fingertips. With brand new chapters; expanded and updated coverage; increased worldwide perspectives; and many new contributors; Mandell; Douglas; and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases 8e PDF helps doctors; medical students treat and identify whatever infectious disease you see.
- Find and grasp the information you need easily and rapidly with newly added chapter summaries.
- Get the answers to any questions you have with more in-depth coverage of etiology; epidemiology; microbiology; pathology; immunology; and treatment of infectious agents than you’ll find in any other ID resource.
- Apply the latest knowledge with updated diagnoses and treatments for currently recognized and newly emerging infectious diseases; such as those caused by swine influenza and avian viruses.
- Benefit from fresh perspectives and expanded global insights from an expanded team of Internationaland American contributors. Dr. Martin Blaser; a leading expert and Muriel G. and George W. Singer Professional of Translational Medicine at New York University School of Medicine; joins veteran PPID editors Dr. John E. Bennett andn Dr. Raphael Dolin to continue a legacy of excellence.
- Put the latest knowledge to work in your practice with new or completely revised chapters on Probiotics; New Antivirals for hepatitis B and C; Influenza (new pandemic strains); Antibiotics for resistant bacteria; Antifungal drugs; New Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) Virus; Sepsis; Advances in HIV prevention and treatment; Clostridium difficile treatment; Viral gastroenteritis; Lyme Disease; Helicobacter pylori; Immunization (new vaccines and new recommendations); Malaria; Infections in immunocompromised hosts; and Microbiome.
NOTE: This purchase only includes the Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases 8th edition PDF. No online codes or access is included.