Micheal Hogg, Graham Vaughan
Pearson Education UK; 8th edition
The latest edition of this lively introduction; titled Social Psychology 8th Edition (PDF) by Hogg and Vaughan; places social psychology in a contemporary; real-world context and explores cutting-edge; new research as well as bringing classic theories to life. Thoroughly revised to enhance accessibility; and updated to include over 250 new references; this trusted; market-leading; cutting edged textbook remains as comprehensive as ever.
- In-depth scientific coverage of social psychological theory and research
- Combines European; UK and North American perspectives effectively to provide coverage with a unique global take
- Thoroughly rewritten and revised chapters and sections on close relationships; prosocial behaviour; aggression; and attitude-behaviour relations particularly in the context of health
- Updated and expanded coverage of morality; rumour and gossip; affect and emotion; social media-based communication; trust and leadership; radicalization; multiculturalism; deviance; and sexual minorities
Hogg & Vaughan’s Social Psychology 8th edition includes a range of pedagogically developed features to aid independent study:
- Your Life sections explore everyday social psychological and encourage you to apply the ideas within your own life.
- A range of reflective questions; pictures and the film/literature and TV section in each chapter further help to bring alive this fascinating subject for everyone.
- Research Classic and Research highlight sections focus on either seminal or contemporary areas of research to help you to refine your understanding of these key areas.
- Our World boxes consider examples of social issues or social psychology within the wider world to help you gain a deeper and applied understanding of concepts and issues.
“This is a comprehensive guide to the fast-moving world of social psychology; using daily examples and up to date research to illustrate key issues. I am delighted to say the student remains the focus in this updated edition. It is informative; well-organised and engaging” – Dr Ashley Weinberg; University of Salford
“This updated textbook provides an elegant and easy-to-read tour of the basic ideas that are being tested as explanations of diverse social psychological processes. With its vast range of references; this 8th edition enables students to both cognitively and emotionally engage with the ideas and evidence.” – Professor Greg Maio; University of Bath