Nanna Cross, Dana McWay
Jones – Bartlett Learning; 5th edition
This best-selling introduction to medical terminology; Stanfield’s Essential Medical Terminology 5th edition (PDF); is based on the body-systems method and is flexible enough to be used in self-instructional or traditional course formats. Suited for students of all levels in the health professions; the accessible Essentials of Medical Terminology; 5th Edition provides the appropriate amount of detail needed to learn the basics of medical terminology. After learning the fundamentals of pronunciation; medical students can study the chapters in any order the instructor deems appropriate.
Key Features of the 5th Edition:
– Allied Health Professions boxes list specialties and specialists
– Confusing Medical Terms boxes compare and define similar-sounding terms
– A wealth of full-color photographs and illustrations showing common clinical disorders and associated anatomy
– Pharmacology and Medical Terminology boxes relate medical terminology to drugs and their classification; function; and active ingredients
– Instructor resources include slides in PowerPoint format; Test Bank; and Instructor’s Manual with Suggested Activities; Case Study and Final Exam (not included in this sale)
NOTE: This sale only includes the Stanfield’s Essential Medical Terminology 5e PDF eBook. No online codes or other resources come with the sale.