James C. Grotta, David Mendelow, Eng H. Lo, Ralph L. Sacco, Lawrence KS Wong, Gregory W Albers, Joseph P. Broderick
Elsevier; 6th edition
This updated Stroke: Pathophysiology; Diagnosis; and Management; 6th edition (PDF) delivers convenient access to the latest research findings and management approaches for cerebrovascular disease. Picking up from where J. P. Mohr and colleagues left off; a new team of editors — Drs. Grotta; Broderick; Albers; Lo; Mendelow; Kasner; Sacco; and Wong — head the 6th edition of this classic textbook; which is authored by the world’s foremost stroke experts.
- Includes extracted and highlighted evidence levels.
- Data from late-breaking endovascular trials equips you with recent findings.
- Abundant full-color CT images and pathology slides help you make efficient and accurate diagnoses.
- Details advances in diagnostic tests; such as ultrasound; computed tomography (including CT perfusion and CT angiography); MRI (including MR perfusion techniques); and angiography.
- Highlights new information on genetic risk factors; primary prevention of stroke; infectious diseases and stroke; recovery interventions such as brain stimulation; robotics; and telerehabilitation; and trial design.
- Comprehensive; expert clinical guidance enables you to recognize the clinical manifestations of stroke; use the latest laboratory and imaging studies to arrive at a diagnosis; and generate an effective medical and surgical treatment plan.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of advances in molecular biology of cell death; risk factors and prevention; advances in diagnostics and stroke imaging; and therapeutic options; including a thorough review of thrombolytic agents and emerging data for endovascular therapy.
- Features brand-new chapters on Intracellular Signaling: Mediators and Protective Responses; The Neurovascular Unit and Responses to Ischemia; Mechanisms of Cerebral Hemorrhage; Stroke Related to Surgery and Other Procedures; Cryptogenic Stroke; and Interventions to Improve Recovery after Stroke.
NOTE: This sale only includes Stroke: Pathophysiology; Diagnosis; and Management; 6e; PDF. No online codes included.