Oleg B. Malyshev
Vacuum in Particle Accelerators is a unique guide on how to model and make the best vacuum chambers
Vacuum in Particle Accelerators: Modelling; Design and Operation of Beam Vacuum Systems (PDF) offers a comprehensive overview of ultra-high vacuum systems that are used in charge particle accelerators. The ebook contributors; noted experts in the field; also highlight the modeling and design of vacuum particle accelerators.
The ebook reviews vacuum requirements; identifies sources of gas in vacuum chambers; and explores methods of removing them. In addition; Vacuum in Particle Accelerators offers an in-depth explanation of the control of the beam and the beam aperture. In the final part of the textbook; the focus is on the modeling approaches for vacuum chambers under various operating conditions. This important guide:
- Offers a review of vacuum systems in charge particle accelerators
- Contains contributions from an international panel of noted experts in the field
- Highlights the systems; modelling; and design of vacuum particle accelerators
- Presents the most up-to-date information on the topic for engineers and scientists
- Includes information on vacuum requirements; cryogenic temperatures; beam-gas interactions; heavy-ion machines; ion-induced pressure instability
Written for vacuum physicists; plasma physicists; vacuum engineers; engineering scientists and materials scientists; the ebook Vacuum Particle Accelerators is an essential reference offering an in-depth exploration of vacuum systems and the modelling and design of charged particle accelerators.