Margaret Jorden Halter
Saunders; 8th edition
Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing; 8th Edition (PDF) is the most comprehensive RN psychiatric nursing textbook on the market! User-friendly by design; it simplifies the often-intimidating subject of psychiatric-mental health nursing with a practical; clinical perspective. This latest eighth edition was revised in conjunction with a readability expert to support clarity and ease of understanding. New to this edition are full-page illustrated explanations about the neurobiology of disorders and associated medications; criteria from the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders; 5th edition (DSM-5) for major disorders; completely revised Evidence-Based Practice boxes; and a fully rewritten chapter on Dying; Death; and Grieving to provide students with essential information about difficult topics. Chapters follow the nursing process framework and progress from theory to application; preparing your college students for clinical practice with real-world examples.
- NEW! Completely revised Evidence-Based Practice boxes.
- NEW! 10 NCLEX-style questions and answers at the end of each chapter.
- NEW! Revised chapter on Dying; Death and Grieving gives you all the vital information you need.
- Health Policy Boxes introduce the role you can play in advocating for patients and the profession.
- Coverage of key topics and emerging nursing trends keep you current with best practices in the field.
- NEW! Full-page illustrated explanations about the neurobiology of disorders and associated medications.
- Mentor-like writing style reinforces important information and helps in applying textbook content to the clinical setting.
- Clinical chapters follow the six-step nursing process; providing consistent guidelines for comprehensive assessment and intervention.
- Vignettes with vivid mini-stories prepare you for real-world practice with personal; descriptive characterizations of patients with specific psychiatric disorders.
- Considering Culture boxes discuss the importance of person-centered care in providing competent care to diverse populations in various clinical situations.
- NEW! DSM-5 guidelines from the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders are fully incorporated in the text; and include updated NANDA content.
Note: Only contains the PDF of the book Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing 8e. No online access codes included