Marilyn J. Hockenberry, David Wilson
Mosby; 10th edition
The leading textbook in pediatric nursing; Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children 10th edition (PDF) takes an easy-to-understand; unique developmental approach to describe the care of children at every age and stage of development. Childhood disorders and diseases are organized by body systems and age groups; and described through the nursing process framework. This 10th edition includes updates on topics such as the new immunizations; CPR guidelines; and pain assessment and management. Written by pediatric experts; Dr. Marilyn Hockenberry and David Wilson; each with nearly thirty years of hands-on experience; this bestseller ebook provides an evidence-based; clinical perspective that shows how the quality of nursing care can impact quality patient outcomes.
- Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference in critical situations.
- Drug Alerts highlight important drug-related information for appropriate; safe care.
- Pathophysiology Reviews explain complicated disease processes with illustrated summary boxes.
- Critical thinking exercises use case studies to help you test and develop your own analytical skills.
- An emphasis on wellness includes principles of injury prevention and health promotion for each age group.
- Nursing Care Guidelines provide step-by-step; clear; detailed instructions on performing specific skills or procedures.
- Complementary & Alternative Therapy boxes include timely information on alternative medicine as a part of complete; comprehensive care.
- Nursing Tips include helpful hints and practical; clinical information; and Nursing Alerts provide critical information that must be considered in providing care.
- UNIQUE! Quality Patient Outcomes are discussed for major childhood disorders and diseases; showing how nursing care directly impacts patient outcomes.
- A focus on family-centered care emphasizes the role and influence of the family in illness and health with a separate chapter and Family-Centered Care boxes.
- A developmental approach addresses the differences at each stage of the child’s growth and enables you to individualize care at the appropriate level for every child.
- Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize pain; stress; or discomfort and provide guidance for performing procedures in a caring manner.
- Nursing Care Plans provide models for planning patient care; with rationales explaining why specific nursing interventions have been chosen; and include nursing diagnoses; nursing interventions/rationales; patient/family goals; expected outcomes; and NOC and NIC guidelines.
“A great neonatal and paediatric reference and textbook…” – Jo Wilson on behalf of Nursing Times; March 2015
P.S A newer version of this ebook is also available. See related ebooks below
NOTE: This only contains the Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children 10e. No access codes included.