Robert N. Lussier, David Kimball
Human Kinetics; Inc.; 2nd Edition
9781450434157/ 9781492508458/ 9781492577188
Planning, organizing, leading, and controlling are the four management functions that are covered in Applied Sport Management Skills, 2nd Edition With Web Study Guide (PDF). This book teaches students how to become effective managers and leaders in the realm of sports by utilizing these management functions. This comprehensive and up-to-date text offers an introduction of management subjects, with the primary focus being on the development of skills that are important for managing sporting organizations.
Students are able to put into practice what they will be doing as sport managers with the help of the how-to approach taken by the ebook as well as the unmatched learning tools that are included in it. This includes creative problem solving as well as the development of skills to lead, organize, delegate, and plan strategically. Students will be able to analyze how their abilities and interests can contribute to the ever-expanding area of sport management if they take the concepts and principles that are provided in the text and apply them to professional practice by taking those concepts and principles.
The second edition of Applied Sport Management Skills has undergone extensive revisions in order to enhance the quality of the learning experience. The second version now comes with two brand new aspects that were not present in the first. Starting a Sport Business features motivate students to explore the real-world needs of sport entrepreneurship, such as building an organizational structure, formulating ideas on leading employees, and controlling the financial sides of their sport business. Students are exposed to the increasingly important role that social media plays in the management of sports organizations through Social Media Exercises.
Students will benefit from a better understanding of leadership and management in the sports business with the addition of the following new tools, which supplement popular aspects seen in the first edition:
- Students gain valuable insight into their own skills and limitations through the use of self-assessment activities.
- Case studies that wrap up each chapter, together with activities and quizzes, let students apply what they’ve learned to real-world scenarios.
- The use of behavior models provides students with step-by-step advice on how to respond to ordinary circumstances that may arise while participating in a sport.
- This chapter includes a feature called Developing Your Skills; key terminology and learning outcomes are reviewed multiple times throughout the chapter to reinforce important topics.
- The Time-Out boxes illustrate how the themes discussed in the book connect to the students’ actual experiences in sports, such as their summer, part-time, and full-time jobs.
- The “Applying the Concept” question boxes provide a chance for critical thinking by asking how particular concepts are relevant to a particular sporting situation.
- Reviewing Their Game Plan chapter beginning situations; reconsidered throughout each chapter; and give a consistent thread to keep students engaged on how sport managers use the principles on the job Reviewing Their Game Plan chapter opening scenarios; reconsidered throughout each chapter;
With this edition, the teacher materials have been updated, and the extended instructor guide now includes guidance on how to use the student web study guide in conjunction with the ebook material in order to more effectively engage students. Students will have an easier time utilizing the learning activities in an environment that is interactive and dynamic if they use the web study guide because it is better connected and arranged with the book. The exercises that are included in the ebook have equivalent numbers in the web study guide. On the web study guide, students can evaluate their learning by taking quizzes and participating in other activities that further reinforce key topics. The web study guide has a number of activities, some of which can be done as graded class assignments, while others provide students an immediate feedback indicating whether they are accurate or incorrect.
The second edition of Applied Sport Management Skills offers readers a comprehensive overview of the management concepts and principles utilized in sport companies as well as the issues that managers must address. This understanding is improved by the application of that information and by the focus on developing management abilities; this allows students to establish a solid foundation toward a future in sport management that is both meaningful and rewarding.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the product only comes with the PDF version of the ebook, “Applied Sport Management Skills, 2nd Edition.” There are no access codes contained within.