S. Marc Breedlove, Neil V. Watson
Sinauer Associates is an imprint of Oxford University Press
160535418X; 160535743X; 1605351709
9781605354187/ 9781605357430/ 9781605351704
Behavioral Neuroscience; 8th Edition; (PDF) provides undergraduates with a lively survey of the field. It provides a broad perspective; lucid descriptions of behavior; encompassing cutting edge neuroscience; evolutionary and developmental perspectives; and clinical applications of research. Irrespective of this comprehensive range of material; the authors have striven in the latest revision to lay bare the neuroscience concepts underlying behavior with clarity and concision.
Special Features of the 8th edition:
– The textbook is supported by a rich array of internet-based resources.
– Over 500 new citations keep the textbook current and an excellent resource.
– Every chapter includes a special feature called “The Cutting Edge” that emphasizes an up-to-the-moment discovery or technical innovation while illustrating the logic and methodology of experimentation and hypothesis testing
– Each chapter ends with a special feature; the “Visual Summary;” a poster-like layout that provides a graphical review of the major topics of the chapter and guides students to the figures and online animations that reinforce each point.
– Learning is supported by a best-in-class full-color art program; including many original illustrations that make it easy to understand structures; mechanisms; and processes in the brain. Many additional graphical elements have been reproduced from primary research sources; bringing the learner closer to the science behind the subject matter.
Thorough and reader-friendly; Breedlove & Watson’s Behavioral Neuroscience; 8th Edition; discloses the intriguing relationships between the brain and behavior.
Biological Psychology Newslink
This continuously updated site gives links to thousands of news stories in the field; all organized by both keyword and textbook chapters. The site is designed to help tutors keep up with the latest news in the field and find interesting topics for lectures or discussions and to give college students an appreciation of the wide-ranging applications of the material they are studying in the course.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook; Behavioral Neuroscience; 8th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.