Deborah C. Gray Morris
Mosby; 7th edition
784 pages (1174)
Get familiar with the three most common approaches of drug calculation! Calculate with Confidence, 7th Edition (PDF) places an emphasis on the growing responsibility of the nurse in medicine administration, places a priority on the safety of the client by including QSEN, and includes updated content that follows the most recent scope of practice. This extremely well-known textbook discusses the methodologies of proportional and ratio analysis, as well as formula and dimensional analysis, and it provides a straightforward, step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of pharmacological dosages. The seventh edition of this comprehensive title, which contains over 2,100 practice problems, focuses on enriching the learning experience of nursing students at all curricular levels by making the content clinically useful. This goal is accomplished by making the content more user-friendly.
- There are over 2000 practice problems, and they come with both pre-test and extensive post-test feedback.
- NEW! The A-Z medicine index provides page numbers that are specific to the locations of the drug labels.
- NEW! New and updated information that is relevant to clinical practice is highlighted on medication labels that have just recently been introduced to the market.
- Tests covering the chapter's review problems and its answer key all of the important issues that were covered in the chapter and gives you the opportunity to test your comprehension of its material.
- Safety Alert boxes call attention to problems that could result in incorrect dosing of medications and provide you the ability to determine the steps that need to be taken to avoid making mathematical mistakes.
- The UPDATED Pharmaceutical Administration chapter includes information on medication safety, an expanded discussion on client rights, the fundamental six rights of medication administration, and different routes for administering medication.
- Pre-test Basic Math; Comprehensive Unit and Basic Math review tests give you the opportunity to evaluate your understanding of the basic math content that was covered in Unit 1 using a three-pronged approach. If you do not correctly answer any of these test questions, you will be directed to review the relevant chapters.
- NEW! Word problems that involve dosages, Critical Thinking Scenarios, a discussion of the concepts regarding safety issues with medication administration and calculation, as well as significant updates in the critical care, parenteral medication, insulin, and heparin chapters are some of the content additions and updates.
NOTE: Because this eBook, “Calculate with Confidence,” 7th edition, was converted from an ePub to a PDF format, it does not include page numbers. The ePub version may be found here.