Deborah C. Gray Morris
Mosby; 7th edition
784 pages (1174)
Learn the 3 major methods of drug calculation! Calculate with Confidence; 7th Edition (PDF) focuses on the increasing responsibility of the nurse in medication administration; prioritizes client safety with QSEN; and includes updated content that reflects the current scope of practice. This hugely popular textbook covers the proportion and ratio; formula; and dimensional analysis methods offering an easy; step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of drug dosages. With over 2;100 practice problems; the 7th edition is a comprehensive title focuses on enhancing the learning experience of nursing students at all curricular levels by making content clinically applicable.
- Over 2000 practice problems include pre-test and comprehensive post-test reviews
- NEW! A-Z medication index references page numbers where the drug labels can be found.
- NEW! Medication labels recently added to the market highlights new and updated information relevant to practice.
- Chapter review problems and answer key tests all major topics presented in the chapter and enables you to assess understanding of chapter content.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight issues that may lead to medication errors and empower you to identify actions that must be taken to avoid calculation errors.
- UPDATED Medication Administration chapter includes medication safety; expansion of discussion on client rights; the basic six rights of medication administration; and routes of medication administration.
- Pre-test Basic Math; Comprehensive Unit and Basic Math review tests allow you a 3-part approach to evaluating your understanding of basic math material covered in Unit 1; directing you to review chapters if you miss any of these test questions.
- NEW! Content additions and updates include word problems involving dosages; Critical Thinking Scenarios; a discussion of the concepts regarding safety issues with medication administration and calculation; plus significant updates in the critical care; parenteral medication; insulin; and heparin chapters.
NOTE: This eBook; Calculate with Confidence; 7th edition; in PDF has been converted from an ePub; hence it does not have page numbers.