William Chuck Easttom II
Pearson IT Certification; 3rd edition
A one-volume introduction to computer security, Easttom's Computer Security Fundamentals; 3rd Edition (PDF) is widely regarded as among the most helpful resources available on the topic.
- Describes the most recent assaults and defenses that have been developed.
- Explain the fundamental ideas, the difficulties, the jargon, the technologies, and the skills in detail.
- This is the ideal introduction for anyone who is interested in pursuing a successful career in computer security.
- Chuck Easttom provides comprehensive discussion of all of the fundamental concepts, topics, and terminology, in addition to all of the abilities that are need to get started.
Easttom helps you take a proactive and realistic approach to assessing threats and putting countermeasures into place by drawing on his more than twenty years of expertise as a security lecturer, researcher, and consultant. He addresses critical concerns that many beginner security ebooks miss, and he does so while addressing the realities of a world in which billions of new gadgets are connected to the internet. His writing is plain and straightforward.
Web attacks, hacking, network defense, security appliances, spyware, proper password use, virtual private networks, and many other topics are discussed in this tutorial. Its various recommendations and illustrations are reflective of recent developments in the industry as well as the most recent advances in defensive and offensive strategies. In each chapter, you will find projects, activities, and review questions that will help you develop a deeper knowledge and put all you've learned into practice.
This guide will assist you in protecting your assets and expanding your job opportunities, regardless of whether you are an established professional, a college student, or a manager.
Figure out how to:
- Conduct a vulnerability assessment on your network.
- Evaluate potential security consultants
- Defend yourself against the attacks of modern social engineering
- Improve network safety by being familiar with fundamental networking concepts.
- Determine the potential dangers to your network and rank them in order of importance.
- Solve problems that could have been caused by carelessness or ignorance.
- Apply a tried-and-true tiered strategy to the protection of the network.
- Make sure that your company is using the most effective encryption methods.
- Put an end to spyware, worms, viruses, Trojan horses, and other forms of malicious software
- Implement security policies that are suitable for the environment you operate in.
- Learn how hackers think in order to successfully defend against their assaults.
- Gain an understanding of the current state of cyberterrorism and information warfare.
- Protect yourself from the Denial of Service (DoS) assaults that are most prevalent today.
- Examine several technologies related to security, including the most recent security appliances.
- Learn the fundamentals of computer forensics, and be prepared for an assault on your system.
There are no reviews yet.