Serena Nanda, Richard L. Warms
Cengage Learning; 4th edition
The fourth edition of Culture Counts is a concise introduction to the field of anthropology that places primary emphasis on the idea of culture. You will acquire a better understanding of the world as it is today and of how you can interact cross-culturally, find solutions to problems, and bring about positive change with the help of this textbook. The authors use captivating ethnographic storytelling and a conversational writing style that connects the reader to the various topics in order to draw you into the ideas presented in the ebook. Students will investigate contemporary issues, issues pertaining to gender, issues pertaining to globalization, and issues pertaining to equalities and inequalities. These are all topics that are essential to the study of anthropology as well as your comprehension of the world in which you live.
- Utilizing Anthropology Each chapter includes a named section on how anthropology can be utilized in various settings. In these sections, the work of particular anthropologists who are involved in important work outside of the university is highlighted.
- Case study presented at the beginning of each chapter Each chapter begins with a high-interest ethnographic case study that highlights the central issues of the chapter and the importance of understanding the role that culture plays in the behavior of people.
- Images, maps, and charts, along with a glossary: The authors have taken great care in selecting images to accompany each individual chapter. The majority of the photographs came from resources that were only accessible to them. Every picture has a caption that was written after giving it careful thought, and each one is connected to a different passage.
- Learning Objectives: Each chapter starts off with a list of 5-10 learning objectives that are stated in measurable terms. These learning objectives are derived from Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives. The students are better prepared to read the chapter, and it also helps them evaluate how well they understand the material.
- Bringing It All Together: The final section of each chapter presents a discussion of the ways in which anthropological thinking enables us to more effectively engage with significant cultural issues of the present and the present day. At the end of each section, there is a set of questions that test students' ability to apply what they have learned.
P.S. In addition to that, we are selling the testbank for the fourth edition of Culture Counts: A Concise Introduction to Cultural Anthropology as well as other resources for teachers. Get in touch with for more information.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the PDF version of Culture Counts: A Concise Introduction to Cultural Anthropology, 4th Edition is the ONLY item being sold in this transaction. There are no access codes provided.