Mark Michaelis, Eric Lippert
Addison-Wesley Professional; 6th edition
The Comprehensive; Expert Guide to C# Language Programming
Essential C# 7; 6th edition; (epub/PDF) is a well-organized; no-fluff guide to C# 7.0 for programmers at all levels of experience. Reflecting the most important C# features from 3.0 through 7.0 and including modern programming patterns; it will help you write code that’s simple; powerful; robust; secure; and maintainable.
Author Mark Michaelis is a world-class C# expert: a long-time Microsoft MVP and Regional Director who also has served on Microsoft’s C# design review team. He presents a comprehensive tutorial and reference for the entire language; including expert coverage of key C# 7.0 enhancements; C# 7.0’s use with .NET Core/.NET Standard; and cross-platform compilation. He illustrates key C# constructs with succinct examples; and presents best-practice coding guidelines. To help you maintain existing code; separate indexes provide version-specific answers for C# 5.0; 6.0; and 7.0; and visual icons show when each language innovation was introduced.
- Implement reliable; effective exception handling
- Includes C# 7.1; 7.2; and 7.3 language enhancements
- Write more robust code with C# object-oriented constructs
- Create custom collections that operate against business objects
- Query diverse data collections using LINQ with query expressions
- Leverage advanced dynamic and declarative programming techniques
- Optimize performance and interoperability with P/Invoke and unsafe code
- Run your code on Linux or macOS with C# 7.0 cross-platform compilation
- Access .NET collections via collection interfaces and standard query operators
- Master multithreading and synchronization; including the async/await paradigm
- Reduce code complexity with generics; delegates; lambda expressions; and events
- Work efficiently with C# data types; operators; control flow; methods; and parameters
- Make the most of C# 7.0 enhancements; including tuples; deconstructors; pattern matching; local functions; and ref returns
“This textbook has been a classic for years; and stays one of the most distinguished and entrusted titles in the world of C# content; and probably far beyond! . . . Mark is super smart; urges on understanding everything to the core; and has extraordinary insight into how things affect real developers. . . . He goes right to the gist and communicates with great integrity—no sugarcoating—and has an eager eye for practical value and real-world problems.”
–Mads Torgersen; C# Program Manager; Microsoft
NOTE: This product only includes the ebook Essential C # 7.0; 6th edition; in ePub. A converted PDF is also available on request. No access codes are included.