Baughman, John Q, La Fond, Richard G., Shima Baradaran, Singer
Using the tried-and-true Examples & Explanations pedagogy, Examples & Explanations for Criminal Law integrates textual content with well-written and comprehensive examples, explanations, and questions to test students' comprehension of the materials and to provide practice applying the information to fact patterns. The questions are reminiscent of those found on a bar or law school entrance test in that they pose multiple problems with a single set of facts.
Eighth Edition New Features:
• The topics of self-defense and police brutality are discussed.
• What the #MeToo movement means for rape legislation
• Exciting what-if scenarios based on actual events from the past few years
Teachers and learners alike will profit from:
• Material is relevant and easy to apply because it draws on prominent instances that have not been appealed or litigated.
• Each side of the argument is broken down and explained; this method of instruction is especially helpful for students taking exams.
• easy to understand and digest; uses elements of pop culture and humor to pique kids' interest.
• Atticus Falcon, author of Planet Law School, an orientation book for incoming law students, gives it his enthusiastic recommendation.
• Simple explanation—the introductory language is straightforward enough that students can understand and apply the principles.
• Tables and charts illustrate legal principles and procedures.
There are no reviews yet.