Suzanne E. Walker-Pacheco
Morton Publishing Company; 3rd Edition
Exploring Physical Anthropology; 3rd Edition; (PDF) is a complete; full-color lab manual aimed for an introductory laboratory course in physical anthropology. It can also serve as a complementary workbook for a lecture class; mainly in the absence of a laboratory offering.
This laboratory manual allows a hands-on approach to learning about the evolutionary processes that resulted in humans through the use of various examples and exercises. It provides a solid grounding in the chief areas of an introductory physical anthropology lab course: genetics; evolutionary forces; forensic anthropology; human osteology; comparative/functional skeletal anatomy; paleoanthropology; primate behavior and modern human biological variation.
Features of Exploring Physical Anthropology: A Lab Manual and Workbook 3e:
- Objectives clearly express what students are expected to know by the end of the chapter
- Clearly-written; numbered procedures help students successfully complete every exercise
- Materials lists are given to ensure students have what they need prior to beginning the lab
- Sufficient space is provided in the datasheets for students to sketch and record their answers to questions.
- Background information offers context for the material covered in the chapter and assists students to apply what they learn
- Have you ever wondered represent the kinds of questions that nonspecialists typically ask about each topic (answers are given during the course of the chapter)
- Check your understanding questions are given for students to complete prior to beginning the lab exercises to help make sure they understand the lab material
- Broad use of full-color art and photography provides students with brilliant visual references as they work through the exercises (of specific benefit when access to a complete set of specimens is not available)
- The hands-on activities are designed to show the concepts offered in the readings (exercises allow students to experience physical anthropology through use of the similar methods used by researchers; with a focus on the scientific method while; apart from fossil and skeletal specimens; few laboratory supplies are needed)
NOTE: The product includes the ebook; Exploring Physical Anthropology; 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.