R. K. Pandey
Wiley-American Ceramic Society; 1st edition
Fundamentals of Electroceramics: Materials; Devices; and Applications (PDF) is the first digital etextbook to provide in-depth treatment of electroceramics with emphasis on applications in magneto-electronics; microelectronics; energy storage and harvesting; spintronics; magnetics; sensors and detectors; magneto-electronics; microelectronics; energy storage and harvesting; spintronics; magnetics; sensors and detectors;and in electro-optics and acousto-opticsand in electro-optics and acousto-optics
Electroceramics is a class of ceramic materials used primarily for their electrical properties. This ebook covers the important topics relevant to this growing field and places great emphasis on devices and applications. It provides sufficient background in mathematics and theory so that readers can gain insight into phenomena that are unique to electroceramics. Every chapter has its own brief introduction with an explanation of how the said content impacts technology. Multiple examples are provided to reinforce the content as well as numerous end-of-chapter problems for college students to learn and solve. The ebook also includes suggestions for advanced study and key words relevant to each chapter.
Fundamentals of Electroceramics: Materials; Devices and Applications offers 11 chapters covering:
- Nature and types of solid materials;
- Processing of Materials;
- Methods for Materials Characterization;
- Binding Forces in Solids and Essential Elements of Crystallography;
- Dominant Forces and Effects in Electroceramics;
- Coupled Nonlinear Effects in Electroceramics;
- Elements of Semiconductor;
- Electroceramic Semiconductor Devices;
- Electroceramics and Green Energy;
- Electroceramic Magnetics;
- Electro-optics and Acousto-optics.
The eBook provides an in-depth treatment of electroceramics with the emphasis on fundamental theoretical devices; concepts; and applications with focus on non-linear dielectrics
- Introductory textbook for college students to learn and make an impact on technology
- Includes examples and problem questions within every chapter that prepare students well for independent thinking and learning.
- Motivates students to get interested in research on various aspects of electroceramics at undergraduate and graduate levels leading to a challenging career path.
- Emphasizes applications in microelectronics; magneto-electronics; spintronics; energy storage and harvesting; sensors and detectors; magnetics and in electro-optics and acousto-optics
Fundamentals of Electroceramics: Materials; Devices and Applications PDF is an invaluable academic textbook that will benefit all professors; researchers; students; engineers; scientists; and teachers of ceramic engineering; applied physics; materials science; electrical engineering; and engineering.