David Kim, Michael G. Solomon
Jones – Bartlett Learning; 3rd edition
The third edition of Fundamentals of Information Systems Security (PDF), which has been revised and brought up to date with the most recent information available in the industry, offers students a comprehensive overview of the fundamental concepts they need to know in order to pursue lucrative careers in information systems security. The first chapter of the textbook is dedicated to a consideration of the new dangers, precarious situations, and potential dangers that are related with the shift to a fully digital world. Part 2 gives information to IS students as they work toward obtaining the Security+ certification by providing an overview of the exam at a high level and presenting a high level overview of the exam. Information security education, standards, professional certifications, and compliance rules are covered in the final chapter of the ebook Fundamentals of Information Systems Security, Third Edition.
- Addresses both the data breach and the incident response preparation for the data breach
- Describes recent concerns around data privacy and security pertaining to the Internet of Things (IoT).
- A volume in the Information Systems Security & Assurance Series published by Jones & Bartlett Learning!
- Completely maps to the six primary areas tested for in the CompTIA Security+ certification. Exam for Certification in SYO-401
- New information on advanced forms of malware and APT assaults, such as crypto lockers and ransomware, directed toward endpoints
- Coverage of current amendments to compliance laws and standards, such as NIST SP800-171, PCI DSS version 3.2, and FISMA, has been brought up to date and added.
- College students are able to put their knowledge to the test by engaging in actual security scenarios through the use of the Virtual Security Cloud Labs, which offer a hands-on, immersive simulation of IT infrastructure.
This textbook is an invaluable resource for individuals who are just beginning their careers in the field of information systems security due to the conversational yet practical writing style it employs and the step-by-step examples it provides.
Please be aware that the PDF version of the book is all that is included with this purchase. There are no online codes made available.