Dennis L. Kasper, Anthony S. Fauci
McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 3rd edition
As only Harrison’s can cover infectious diseases, the third edition of Infectious Diseases.
This full-color; concise clinical companion delivers the most up-to-date information in the field supported by the scientific rigor and authority that have come to define Harrisons. Harrison’s Infectious Diseases 3rd Edition PDF features a superb compilation of chapters related to infectious diseases derived from Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 19th Edition (including content from the acclaimed Harrison’s DVD). Students will discover 137 chapters written by more than 190 well-known contributors and editors in a portable format that is perfect for use in the classroom, on the ward, in the clinic, or for the purpose of preparing for certification or an exam.
- Integration of clinical management and disease pathogenesis
- a practical appendix of test data that are of therapeutic significance
- Taking into consideration the underlying pathophysiologic, epidemiologic, and genetic aspects
- Two of the chapters are dedicated to image atlases, which will be quite helpful in clinical evaluations.
- Contains a special update on the clinical signs of Zika, as well as the genesis of the virus and its consequences.
- This textbook is perfect for staying up to date and getting ready for the boards as it contains high-yield questions from previous exams.
- There is a consensus among experts in the area that Anthony Fauci and Dr. H. Clifford Lane’s chapter on AIDS and HIV infections is an all-time great example of its kind.
- Infections in organ systems, viral infections, bacterial infections, fungal infections, prion disorders, and protozoal infections are some of the topics that are covered thoroughly in this up-to-date and comprehensive guide.
- An essential read for both 2017 and 2018, according to Doody’s.
“This is an extensive PDF ebook about infectious diseases that is exceptional in both its quality and its arrangement.”
“The authors present a comprehensive overview of the most effective diagnostic and therapeutic approaches for a wide variety of infectious diseases, including those that are uncommon and those that are more prevalent. They accomplish this by placing the facts they offer in the larger context of the underlying pathophysiological, epidemiological, and genetic factors.
This encyclopedic study on contemporary infectious disease themes is perfect for practicing physicians as well as medical students and residents who are still in training. It would also make a wonderful ebook supplement for a pathology class at the senior or graduate level of an undergraduate or graduate program. Authors with a solid reputation can be relied upon to be a reliable source of up-to-date information.
“The e-book is presented in full color, with a wealth of images that convey essential information in a manner that is simple and straightforward to comprehend. This edition offers information that has been recently updated and is essential for managerial decision-making. There is a review and an opportunity for self-assessment at the end of the PDF booklet. This is intended for medical students and ambitious healthcare practitioners who wish to test their knowledge. This book covers infectious diseases in their whole and is exceptional in both its arrangement and its quality.