Todd Pawlicki, Daniel J. Scanderbeg, George Starkschall
Wiley-Blackwell; 4th edition
0470376511; 1118575261; 111857527X; 1118575334
9780470376515/ 9781118575260/ 9781118575277/ 9781118575338
The publication of this ebook; Hendee’s Radiation Therapy Physics; 4th Edition; (PDF); more than 10 years on from the publication of the 3rd edition; provides a comprehensive and valuable update to the educational offerings in this field. Led by a new team of highly esteemed authors; building on Dr Hendee’s tradition; Hendee’s Radiation Therapy Physics 4e offers a succinctly written; fully modernized update.
Radiation physics has undergone many changes in the last 10 years: intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) has become a routine method of radiation treatment delivery; digital imaging has replaced film-screen imaging for verification and localization; image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) is frequently used; new approaches have been introduced to radiation therapy safety and quality assurance that focuses more on process analysis rather than specific performance testing; in many centers proton therapy has become a viable mode of radiation therapy; and the explosion in patient-and machine-related data has necessitated an increased awareness of the role of informatics in radiation therapy. As such; this Fourth edition reflects the huge advances made over the past 10 years. This ebook:
- Provides state of the art content throughout
- Includes problem and answer sets for self-test
- The chapter on quality and safety contains content in support of new residency training requirements
- Fully revised and expanded imaging chapter discusses the increased role of digital imaging and computed tomography (CT) simulation
- Contains 4 brand new chapters; image-guided therapy; proton radiation therapy; radiation therapy informatics; and quality and safety improvement
This 4th edition is essential reading for radiation oncologists in training; students of medical physics; medical dosimetry; and anyone interested in radiation therapy physics; quality; and safety.