Mary Louise Turgeon
Mosby; 5th edition
This time-honored textbook is currently in its fifth edition, and it has set the gold standard for thorough treatment of immunology. Building on a strong foundation of abilities and information, renowned author Mary Louise Turgeon guides you through essential immunologic mechanisms and serologic principles before moving on to the theory that underpins the methods that you will carry out in the laboratory. Immunology and Serology in Laboratory Medicine, 5th Edition is the go-to resource for everything from superior automated procedures to comprehending immunoassay instruments and disorders of viral and immunologic origin. It is also available as a PDF. This text, which is filled to the brim with learning objectives, review questions, step-by-step processes, and case studies, is the solution to your query of how to succeed in the modern laboratory setting of today.
- The important concepts and definitions are all compiled in a glossary that can be found at the very end of the ebook.
- NEW! You can better understand the essential terminology for immunology by reviewing the key concepts that are presented at the beginning of each chapter.
- Case studies force you to put the knowledge you’ve gained into practice and help you develop your analytical and deductive reasoning abilities.
- A photomicrograph insert that spans six pages and is printed in full color paints a more accurate picture of what you can expect to see in the laboratory.
- NEW! Chapters on Vaccines have been expanded to reflect the growing awareness of the importance of these preventative measures.
- NEW! This revised and updated chapter on Molecular Techniques now includes the most recent developments in immunology-related technology.
- Your comprehension will be further improved by the review questions at the end of each chapter, which are linked to the chapter’s learning objectives.
- The highlights at the end of each chapter provide a summary of the information that was covered in that chapter that is considered to be the most important.
- The learning objectives that are presented at the beginning of each chapter provide a measurable outcome that you will be able to achieve by working through the material.
- NEW! Case studies that include both multiple-choice and critical-thinking questions, as well as additional questions, will assist you in developing your ability to apply what you’ve learned and improve your critical-thinking abilities.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the Immunology & Serology in Laboratory Medicine, 5th Edition PDF booklet is included with the purchase of this product. There are no access codes contained within.