David L. Katz, Joann G. Elmore, Dorothea Wild, Sean C. Lucan.
Saunders; 4th edition
Succinct yet thorough; Jekel’s Epidemiology; Biostatistics; and Preventive Medicine; 4rd Edition (PDF) brings you today’s best knowledge on epidemiology; biostatistics; preventive medicine; and public health — in one convenient source. You’ll find the latest on healthcare policy and financing; chronic disease; infectious diseases; and disease prevention technology. This etextbook also serves as an outstanding resource for preparing for the USMLE; and the American Board of Preventive Medicine recommends it as a top review source for its core specialty examination.
- Showcases important concepts and calculations inside quick-reference boxes.
- Presents abundant illustrations and well-organized tables to clarify and summarize complex concepts.
- Discusses the financial concerns and the use and limitations of screening in the prevention of symptomatic disease.
- Emphasizes the application of biostatistical and epidemiologic concepts to everyday clinical problem solving and decision making.
- Includes 350 USMLE-style questions and answers; complete with detailed explanations about why various choices are correct or incorrect.
- Includes the latest information on SARS; Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE); the obesity epidemic; avian form of H5N1 influenza; and more.