Graham Hooley, Nigel Piercy, Brigitte Nicoulaud John M. Rudd
Pearson; 6th edition
This chapter from the sixth edition of Marketing Strategy and Competitive Positioning (PDF) discusses the steps involved in developing and putting into action a marketing strategy. An in-depth explanation of the methods that are implemented in marketing in order to create a competitive advantage is included in the ebook, which has a primary emphasis on the competitive positioning that lies at the core of marketing strategy.
The primary focus of the book is on developing and maintaining exceptional performance in the business world. It concentrates on the two most important aspects of formulating a marketing strategy, which are the determination of target markets and the development of a differentiating advantage. As a result of this, it acknowledges the emergence of new potential target markets as a result of the recession and increased concern for climate change. Additionally, it investigates the different ways in which businesses can differentiate their offerings by recognizing environmental and social concerns.
Brand new to this version:
- New examples are included throughout the ebook, such as those for Lego, Amazon, and Ryanair.
- chapters on the strategic management of customers and strategic relationships have been brought up to date.
- The ongoing global economic crisis and its influence on marketing and business were accounted for in this latest revision.
- a heightened focus on competing through innovative means, such as the introduction of new business models like Netflix and Uber, as well as new forms of commerce.
- In the most recent update to the online materials, teachers will find a new Instructor’s Manual and PowerPoint presentations, while students will find additional examples of case studies.
- Contains new vignettes at the beginning of chapters, with a focus on firms like as Mastercard, Amadeus, and Samsung Pay, as well as questions for debate.
- New information is provided on a variety of topics, such as the influence of emerging markets on innovation, the role of the “perverse customer” as a driving force in the market, the new realities of competing through the provision of services, as well as market analysis and segmentation.
- Students in postgraduate and undergraduate university programs who are enrolled in courses in Marketing Management, Marketing Strategy, and Strategic Marketing Management will find the etextbook to be an invaluable resource.
- At Aston University, Graham Hooley is an emeritus professor in the department of marketing. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the British Academy of Management, the European Marketing Academy, and the Higher Education Academy. He is also a former President of the European Marketing Academy.
- At Aston Business School, Brigitte Nicoulaud serves in the role of Senior Teaching Fellow.
- Nigel F. Piercy formerly held the positions of Professor of Marketing and Strategic Management as well as Associate Dean at Warwick Business School, which is part of Warwick University.
- John M. Rudd is currently the Head of the Marketing Group at Warwick Business School in addition to holding the position of Professor of Marketing.