Wiley; 4th edition
Full coverage of materials and mechanical design in engineering; Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook; Volume 1; 4th Edition (PDF) provides a quick guide to specialized areas you may encounter in your work; giving you access to the basics of each and pointing you toward trusted resources for further reading; if needed. The accessible information inside offers examples; discussions; and analyses of the topics covered.
This 1st volume covers materials and mechanical design; giving you accessible and in-depth access to the most common topics you’ll encounter in the discipline: stainless steels; carbon and alloy steels; copper and copper alloys; aluminum alloys; nickel and its alloys; titanium alloys for design; superalloys for design; composite materials; magnesium and its alloys; smart materials; viscosity measurement; electronic materials; and much more.
- Presents comprehensive coverage of materials and mechanical design
- Offers the option of being purchased as a four-book set or as single books; depending on your needs
- Comes in a subscription format through the Wiley Online Library and in electronic and custom formats
Engineers at all levels of industry; government; or private consulting practice will find Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook; Volume 1 4e PDF a great resource they’ll turn to repeatedly as a reference on the basics of materials and mechanical design.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE OF THE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DISCIPLINE; IN 4 VOLUMES
As the discipline of mechanical engineering continues to expand; so does the ever-trusted Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook. In a 4-volume format; this 4th Edition provides the most current off-the-shelf reference to every topic in the field. Spanning specializations from petroleum to aerospace and beyond; the Handbook helps you work efficiently across industries and job functions.
Unlike other handbooks; the Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook 4e goes beyond lists of data and formulas; providing examples and discussion of each topic to help you quickly understand how to get the outcomes you want. Volume 1; Materials and Engineering Mechanics 4th edition is your complete guide to what makes materials suitable for particular uses; as well as the methodologies used to ensure success.
Inside this 1st volume:
- Contributions from 35 industry-leading experts
- Exhaustive charts and tables illustrate properties and best uses of materials
- Six entirely new chapters on engineering mechanics; covering measurement of force; strain; viscosity; tribology; and acoustics
- 10 revised chapters on materials; including ceramics; metals; composites; plastics; electronic materials; smart materials; and packaging
Suitable as a stand-alone reference or as a part of a complete 4-volume set; this PDF ebook is an excellent addition to any professional library. This Handbook is the best guide to the dynamic; and multidimensional discipline of mechanical engineering.
NOTE: We have all 4 volumes for sale for $15 each. Only the Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook 4th edition PDF is included. No access codes are included.