Susanne Braun, Christina Zubert, Dimitrios Argyropoulos, Francisco Javier Casado Hebrard
People were once limited to food native to their region and produced locally. Today; although; food from any place in the world is available; or can be made available; somewhere else. Often there is no or very brief information about the nutritional and health aspects of these foods. Nutrition and Health of Western European Foods: Traditional and Ethnic Diets; (PDF) is part of series that will include the entire globe and is aimed at filling the knowledge gap from conventional and scientific points of view.
This volume provides an evaluation of traditional and ethnic foods from Western Europe; including Ireland; the United Kingdom; Luxembourg; Belgium; France; Netherlands; and Germany. It also addresses the history of use; composition; preparation; nutritional aspects; ingredient origin; and health effects of various foods and food products in each of these countries. Nutrition and Health of Western European Foods: Traditional and Ethnic Diets; in the end; presents both local and international regulations; giving suggestions to harmonize these regulations and encourage the global availability of these foods.
- Examines both scientific and anecdotal diet-based health claims
- Reviews the influence of historical eating habits on today’s diets
- Evaluates nutritional and health claims related to western European foods
- Explores if foods meet regulatory requirements; and how to remedy noncompliance
- Includes ethnic and traditional foods from Ireland; the UK; Netherlands; Luxembourg; Belgium; France; and Germany
NOTE: The product includes the ebook; Nutrition and Health of Western European Foods: Traditional and Ethnic Diets in PDF. No access codes are included.