Karen Barney, Margaret Perkinson
Mosby; 1st edition
032306776X; 0323290833; 0323228186
9780323067768/ 9780323290838/ 9780323228183
Occupational Therapy with Aging Adults: Promoting Quality of Life through Collaborative Practice (PDF) is a brand new; complete textbook edited by OT and gerontological consultants Margaret Perkinson and Karen Frank Barney that takes a novel interdisciplinary and collaborative strategy in masking virtually every main facet of geriatric gerontological occupational remedy observe. With 30 chapters written by 70 eminent leaders in OT and gerontology; this ebook covers your entire continuum of take care of the growing older inhabitants alongside with particular issues for this quickly rising demographic. This modern textbook additionally covers topical points spanning the areas of moral approaches to therapy; pharmacological points; diet and oral well being considerations; assistive know-how helps; low imaginative and prescient interventions; and extra to make sure readers are effectively versed in each facet of this key observe space.
- UNIQUE! The chapter on oral well being explores the challenges confronted by older adults.
- Case examples assist college students study to use new info to precise affected person conditions.
- Questions on the finish of every chapter can be utilized for dialogue or different studying purposes.
- A chapter on proof-primarily based observe discusses tips on how to incorporate proof into the scientific setting.
- The chapter on ethics gives a deeper understanding of tips on how to handle difficult moral dilemmas.
- UNIQUE! Intraprofessional and interprofessional strategy to intervention emphasizes working holistically and collaboratively in serving older adults.
- UNIQUE! A chapter on the wide selection of physiological adjustments among the many growing older affected person inhabitants highlights associated occupational efficiency points.
NOTE: This sale solely consists of the ebook Occupational Therapy with Aging Adults in PDF. No access codes included.