Heidi McHugh Pendleton, Winifred Schultz-Krohn
Mosby; 8th edition
Pedretti’s Occupational Therapy: Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction, Eighth Edition; Pedretti’s Occupational Therapy (PDF) prepares you for a career working as an occupational therapist with adults who have physical impairments. This fundamental text provides a foundation for the development of clinical reasoning skills in a condensed, case-based learning approach to physical dysfunction. It is a cornerstone text. New images in full color and helpful pedagogy, such as linked case studies, ethical considerations, Occupational Therapy Practice Notes, and end-of-chapter review questions, provide an emphasis on learning, boost retention, and motivate you to apply concepts in a clinical context.
- UNIQUE! The OT Practice Notes are meant to communicate significant factors that are relevant to professional practice.
- Throughout, there is content that is based on evidence, particularly in reference to evaluation and intervention.
- Every chapter will have material discussing the commitment of occupational therapy to taking into account racial and cultural diversity.
- The definitions of key terminology, the goals of each chapter, and an explanation of what you may expect to learn from each chapter are laid out in this section.
- UNIQUE! Case studies, which are threaded throughout each chapter and help you apply concepts to real-life clinical practice, are weaved throughout the book.
- UNIQUE! The Ethical Considerations boxes highlight the most important ethical considerations associated with the various treatment options so that you can practice in an ethical manner.
- Information on prevention, as opposed to treatment or intervention alone, demonstrates how occupational therapists can play a more proactive role in patient care.
- Occupational therapists’ roles in health and wellbeing are emphasized, since the Occupational Therapy Association (OTA) recognizes this as a significant area of practice for the 21st century.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That this purchase only comes with the PDF version of Pedretti’s Occupational Therapy: Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction, 8th Edition. There are no access codes contained within.