Emillio F. Moran
Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd edition
Now expanded and updated; People and Nature: An Introduction to Human Ecological Relations; 2nd edition (PDF) is an accessible; lively introduction to environmental anthropology that focuses on the interactions between culture; people; and nature around the world.
- Explains key theoretical issues in the field; as well as the most important research; at a level appropriate for readers coming to the topic for the first time
- Discusses the challenges in ensuring a livable future for generations to come and explores solutions for correcting the damage already done to the environment
- Written by a respected scholar in environmental anthropology with a multi-disciplinary focus that also draws from geography; ecology; and environmental studies
- Addresses new issues of importance; including climate change; population change; the rise of the slow food and farm-to-table movements; and consumer-driven shifts in sustainability
- Offers a powerful; hopeful future vision for improved relations between humans and nature that embraces the idea of community needs rather than consumption wants; and the importance of building trust as a foundation for a sustainable future
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook People and Nature 2nd edition in PDF. No access codes included.