Craig Stevens, George M. Brenner
The fourth edition of Pharmacology helps you become proficient in the “must-know” concepts of this field and demonstrates how those concepts apply to the everyday clinical problem-solving and decision-making that you encounter. This concise yet comprehensive text clearly explains and illustrates difficult concepts and assists you in retaining the material, which is helpful for course exams, the USMLE Step 1, and clinical practice.
- It is easy to find the information you need thanks to the numerous tables that are spread throughout the book and the drug classification boxes that are located at the beginning of each chapter.
- Case studies from the real world will show you how pharmacology can be applied in the medical setting.
- Study for your tests with the questions provided for self-evaluation at the conclusion of each chapter.
- Excellent illustrations in full color will help you grasp difficult ideas through the power of visual learning.
- You can access the entire contents online at www.studentconsult.com, where you'll also find an additional glossary, chapter-by-chapter summaries and case studies, a full list of drugs featured in the book, 150 questions in the style of the USMLE, animations, and more.
- Gain an understanding of the most recent pharmacologic mechanisms and applications with information that is both new and updated throughout.
- Be aware of new uses that are not on the product's label, as well as important FDA regulations.