Linda Lane Lilly, Shelly Rainforth Collins and Julie S. Synder
Mosby; 7th edition
With its colorful; user-friendly format; Pharmacology and the Nursing Process; 7th Edition (PDF) provides college students with all the pharmacology information they need — and no more than they need — to administer drugs effectively and safely. Increased emphasis on the nursing process and prioritization focuses on the most essential assessments; interventions; nursing diagnoses; and evaluations. Thoroughly updated drug information is clear and concise; highlighting the most commonly used drugs; and includes a unique focus on safety-oriented QSEN competencies. 100s of full-color illustrations show how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in drug administration. Written by expert pharmacology clinicians and educators; this bestselling etextbook employs innovative; practical learning aids to help your nursing students prepare for success on the NCLEX® Examination and in nursing practice.
- Case studies promote clinical reasoning skills related to nursing pharmacology.
- Drug profiles highlight the pharmacokinetics and unique variations of commonly used drugs.
- Patient Teaching Tips include key points to convey to patients; their caregivers and their families.
- Focus on need-to-know information provides the most essential drug information for safe; effective clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! Illustrated Study Skills Tips include practical advice on time management; study techniques; note taking; and test-taking strategies.
- Focus on the nursing process and prioritization helps you apply the nursing process to all aspects of drug therapy; from assessment to nursing diagnoses; interventions; and evaluation/outcome criteria.
- Special boxes and tables highlight evidence-based practice; dosages; pharmacokinetics; laboratory values related to drug therapy; preventing medication errors; cultural implications; lifespan considerations; herbal therapies; and legal and ethical principles.
- Nearly 300 full-color illustrations and the Photo Atlas of Drug Administration show how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in drug administration by various routes.
- NCLEX® Examination−style review questions are included in every chapter; with at least one alternate-format item per chapter and more than forty new dosage calculation questions.