Wolters Kluwer Health
552 pages [1206 pages in PDF]
A Practical Focus on the Concepts and Skills Essential to Your Success
With an accessible; student-friendly and clear approach; Videbeck’s Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing; 8th edition; (PDF) clarifies challenging concepts and helps you build a foundation for working successfully with clients experiencing mental health challenges regardless of care setting. The textbook explores the full spectrum of psychiatric nursing; helping you master specific nursing interventions; hone your therapeutic communication skills and learn to apply content effectively within the framework of the nursing process.
- Client/Family Education boxes boost your teaching capabilities.
- Drug Alerts highlight essential concerns related to psychotropic drugs.
- Warning boxes alert you to FDA considerations for specific medications.
- Nursing Interventions entail key treatment strategies for specific disorders.
- Best Practice boxes provide the latest evidence-based findings in psychiatric nursing.
- Elder Considerations sections prepare you to care for the growing population of older adults.
- Nursing Care Plans demonstrate effective approaches for addressing specific client disorders.
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria boxes summarize the medical diagnostic features of specific disorders.
- Self-Awareness features foster your personal and professional development through self-reflection.
- Concept Mastery Alerts clarify important concepts essential to your classroom and clinical success.
- Cultural Considerations help you ensure culturally sensitive care for a wide range of client populations.
- Clinical Vignettes familiarize you with the features of major disorders you are likely to encounter in practice.
- Therapeutic Dialogues help you perfect your communication skills with specific examples of nurse-client interactions.
- Built-In Study Guide reinforces your understanding with multiple-choice questions; multiple-response questions and clinical examples at the end of each chapter.
- Watch and Learn icons point you to corresponding true-to-life Lippincott® Theory to Practice Video Series videos for a richer understanding of important mental health disorders.
- New! Unfolding Patient Stories written by the National League for Nursing put the nursing process in a realistic context to prepare you for successful client interactions and interventions.
NOTE: This sale only contains a converted PDF of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing; 8th edition; meaning page numbers and formatting will NOT match the printed book.