The Guilford Press
This user-friendly ebook by Patricia Leavy; Research Design: Quantitative; Qualitative; Mixed Methods; Arts-Based; and Community-Based Participatory Research Approaches (PDF) provides a step-by-step guide to using the five major approaches to research design: qualitative; quantitative; arts-based; mixed methods; and community-based participatory research. Chapters on every approach follow a unique format–they present a template for a research proposal and explain in detail how to conceptualize and fill in every section. Terminology commonly used within each approach is identified; and key moments of ethical decision making are flagged. Interdisciplinary research examples draw on current events and social justice topics. Unique coverage includes hot topics: replication studies and data sharing; tailoring proposals to different audiences; and more. The ebook also includes a general introduction to social research; an in-depth; practical discussion of ethics; and a chapter on how to begin a research study; from planning a topic to developing a research question via a literature review.
- *Bold-face key terms and an end-of-book glossary.
- *Boxed tips from experts in the respective approaches.
- *Multiple “Review Stops” in each chapter–quick quizzes with answer keys.
- *Supplemental PowerPoint slides for instructors using the ebook in a class.
- *End-of-chapter writing exercises; research activities; and suggested resources.
NOTE: This only includes the Leavy’s ebook Research Design: Quantitative; Qualitative; Mixed Methods; Arts-Based; and Community-Based Participatory Research Approaches in PDF. No access codes come with the product.