CRC Press; 1st edition (November 7; 2017)
SPON’S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK 2018 from AECOM gives costs for both civil and general engineering works and highway works. It provides a full breakdown of labour; plant and material elements; with labour rates updated. cost guidance is given at a number of levels; varying from the more general functional costs to detailed unit costs; and in conformity with CESMM4 and the Highways Method of Measurement.
This 32nd edition incorporates a general update of prices in consultation with leading manufacturers; suppliers and specialist contractors — especially in line with changes in the labour force and devaluation of the pound:
- Adjustments to the scope; range and detail of information help the user adjust unit costs with reference to allocated resources and outputs
- Resource costing in Part 4 is supplemented by the further advice on output factors in Part 10.
- Rail rates have been heavily revised; as the rail sector is currently overstretched.
- Man hours methodology has been generally used instead of gang rates; clarifying labour costs and output
Use the access code inside the front cover of the book (not available with the eBook) to get set up with a VitalSource® ebook of this 2018 edition. This versatile and powerful online data viewing package is available for use until the end of December 2018.
In a time when it is essential to gain ‘competitive advantage’ in a sometimes turbulent market; this price book provides instant-access cost information and forms a one-stop reference.
… along with the standard features you have come to expect from SPON’S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK:
- for budgeting: estimating principles; on-cost advice; method-related charges
- for rapid cost information: approximate estimates; dayworks; cost indices
- for plant and labour allowances: outputs; production rates; man hour constants
- for resource costings: plant costs; labour costs; plant costs; material prices
- for detailed pricing: unit costs with full breakdown; or specialist prices; with advice on item coverage; waste allowances and comparative costs
- for incidental advice: tables and formulae; technical information; professional advice
- updates; free of charge; two or three times a year – see inside for registration details.