Nanna Cross, Dana McWay
Jones – Bartlett Learning; 5th edition
This popular introduction to medical terminology, Stanfield's Essential Medical Terminology 5th edition (PDF), is based on the body-systems method and is adaptable enough to be used in either self-instructional or traditional course formats. The book has been a best-seller for many years. Essentials of Medical Terminology, Fifth Edition is an approachable textbook that is suitable for students of all levels in the health professions. It offers the appropriate amount of detail that is required to learn the fundamentals of medical terminology. Essentials of Medical Terminology, Fifth Edition can be purchased here. After getting a firm grasp on the fundamentals of proper pronunciation, medical students are free to study the chapters in any order that their professor considers to be most effective.
The 5th Edition Includes the Following Key Features:
- Allied Health Professions boxes list specialties and specialists in their respective fields.
- The Confusing Medical Terms boxes compare and define medical terms that sound very similar to one another.
- A plethora of photographs and illustrations in full color, showing common clinical disorders and the anatomy associated with them
- Medications, their classifications, functions, and the active ingredients they contain are discussed in the Pharmacology and Medical Terminology boxes.
- Among the resources available to teachers are slides that are presented in PowerPoint format, a test bank, an instructor's manual that contains suggested activities, a case study, and a final exam (not included in this sale)
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE That the Stanfield's Essential Medical Terminology 5e PDF eBook is the Only Item Being Offered Here. The purchase does not include any online codes or other digital resources of any kind.