R. Shane Tubbs, Marios Loukas, Amgad S. Hanna, Rod Oskouian
Thieme; 1st edition
Devoted information to the lumbar plexus supplies invaluable surgical and anatomical insights
Thorough data of the lumbar plexus and its branches is essential to attaining constructive affected person outcomes; notably with newer surgical approaches. Several of the nerve branches are fashioned inside the psoas main muscle and cautious dissection is essential to free them throughout surgery to forestall injury. Furthermore; the iliac vessels are medial to some of the bigger branches of the plexus; like the femoral and obturator nerves. In the retroperitoneal area; the kidney and ureter are nearer. Moreover; as a result of the overlying peritoneal cavity and its contents; accessing the lumbar plexus presents substantial challenges.
Surgical Anatomy of the Lumbar Plexus (PDF) is the solely ebook on the market dedicated to the lumbar plexus and its branches; emphasizing anatomy and scientific purposes; pathology; surgery; and imaging. Internationally recognized authors R. Shane Tubbs; Amgad Hanna; Marios Loukas; Rod Oskouian; and a cadre of revered specialists present distinctive insights; scientific pearls; data primarily based on quite a few backbone surgical procedures; and a complete multidisciplinary perspective.
- Overview and historical past of dermatomal anatomy of branches originated from the lumbar plexus
- Anesthetic blockade of the femoral; iliohypogastric; ilioinguinal; lateral femoral cutaneous; and genitofemoral nerves
- Tips for avoiding issues and attaining constructive outcomes for lateral transpsoas approaches to the lumbar backbone and different procedures
- Over 100 novel illustrations present precision and understanding of a fancy anatomical space because it pertains to surgery involving the lumbar plexus and branches
- Nine distinct chapters devoted to impacted nerves: subcostal; iliohypogastric; ilioinguinal; lateral femoral cutaneous; genitofemoral; femoral; obturator; furcal; and accent obturator
This one-of-a-sort useful resource delivers essential surgical and anatomical data on the lumbar plexus. It is an important reference for orthopedic surgeons; neurosurgeons; and normal surgeons. Reading it cowl-to-cowl will finally profit sufferers present process lumbar backbone surgery.
NOTE:The product solely consists of the ebook; Surgical Anatomy of the Lumbar Plexus in PDF. No access codes are included.