Griffin P. Rodgers, Neal S. Young
Wolters Kluwer Health; 4th edition
The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology, Fourth Edition; Bridging the Gap Between Clinical Practice and Science; (PDF) provides coverage of “need to know” information that is both up to date and brief, focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of bone marrow and blood problems. This essential digital pocket reference was written by internationally recognized experts and senior fellows at the National Institutes of Health as well as at leading research institutions throughout the United States. It is logically organized by disease category and features a reader-friendly format that includes algorithms, tables, illustrations, and bulleted lists that highlight key information. In addition, the authors of this essential digital pocket reference have extensive experience in their respective fields.
- Ideal for use both as a reference for everyday life and in preparation for exams.
- This article discusses the etiology, risk factors, natural history, management, diagnosis, and follow-up procedures of common hematological illnesses.
- Ideal for the resident, medical student, or fellow working on a hematology or oncology service; also useful for hospitalists, family practitioners, internists, and pediatricians who treat patients who have blood illnesses.
- New material on the diagnosis, therapy, and management of myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative disorders, disorders of hemostasis and thrombosis, leukemias, and lymphomas are included in this book. Contains newly developed diagnostic and therapeutic methods, references that have been brought up to date, and information that has been thoroughly edited.
- Read immediately on the device(s) of your choice, which could be a laptop, tablet, desktop computer, or even a smartphone.
- Converting to audiobook format is a breeze, and your content will be powered by natural language text-to-speech.
- Adapt for individuals with specific reading needs, including providing support for those with visual or auditory impairments, learning disabilities, issues with literacy, and more.
“This handbook, The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology 4e, is comprehensive and includes a wide range of subjects on the majority of the common hematological diseases, such as leukemias and lymphomas, as well as myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative disorders, amongst other things. The primary emphasis is placed on making information readily available that both regular providers and those who are in training will find helpful.
“This easy-to-use ebook is well-conceived and very well organized in such a way that students can get all the information there is to learn about the practical aspects of the most common hematological diseases in just a few pages. This allows students to learn everything there is to learn about the subject in a short amount of time.” The book is divided into 28 chapters, each of which contains up-to-date information on a different topic, including but not limited to anemia, bone marrow failure syndromes, vitamin and iron deficiencies, myeloproliferative disorders, anemia, leukemias, and lymphomas. There are also chapters on hemochromatosis, blood transfusions, and consulting hematology included in the ebook. Noteworthy is the fact that it has not one, but two extremely helpful chapters on how to interpret conventional hematological tests, in addition to a chapter that discusses the fundamental concepts and clinical applications of flow cytometry. When they are relevant, the discussions include images and tables, which make the material simple to read and comprehend. This textbook is a well-rounded companion since each chapter is thoroughly documented with citations to references in the literature that are both relevant and up to date. – The weighted numerical score is 100, which is equivalent to five stars. June 2018 Doody's Publishers Club
NOTE: This deal only includes the ebook The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology, 4th edition, in both its native ePub format and a PDF file that has been converted from the original ePub format. There are no additional materials or coupons included with this purchase.