Thieme; 1st edition
The Big Back Book: Tips & Tricks for Therapists (PDF) is an invaluable resource for any therapist whose practice has been tested by a patient who has complained of pain or stiffness in the neck or back. This book is filled with ideas and suggestions for the assessment, treatment, and aftercare of the spine. The author provides step-by-step guidance on everything from testing range of motion and documenting findings to locating specific muscles and vertebrae to identifying the source of pain and managing posture and muscle tone issues. These tips are gathered from the author's many years of experience as a physical therapist and massage therapist. This book is written in a clear and conversational language, and its chapters are organized in a way that is simple to understand and follow. As a result, readers are able to get significant insights and instantly put strategies into practice.
- Provides helpful tips for encouraging self-care on the part of customers
- Contains over 900 straightforward line drawings that make complex ideas and procedures easier to understand.
- Throughout the course material, questions that students typically have are addressed and answered by the instructor.
- Includes helpful charts, checklists, forms, and surveys to maximize the positive effects of treatment.
- Organizes the information into parts on the thoracic spine, the cervical spine, and the lumbar spine, with each section following a uniform pattern to aid in the quick referencing of information that is required.
The Big Back Book: Tips and Tricks for Therapists is an indispensable resource for massage therapists, physical therapists, and osteopaths who treat patients who are looking for relief from neck and back pain as a result of the wealth of useful advice and information that is contained within its pages. Both practitioners and students should expect to increase their knowledge and broaden their repertoire of assessment and treatment strategies as a result of this course.