Davi-Ellen Chabner BA MAT
The Language of Medicine, 11th Edition by Davi-Ellen Chabner is a best-selling reference book that brings medical vocabulary to life. In this approach, medical concepts are presented in the context of the anatomy and physiology of the body, as well as in health and sickness. The approach is illustrated and designed to be easy to grasp. You will acquire a functional medical vocabulary with the help of this tried-and-true resource, which is built on the prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms that are most commonly encountered. Learning is made more fascinating by the use of practical exercises and case studies, which also explain how medical terminologies are utilized in practice. You will be prepared to communicate fluently in the clinical setting and excel in your healthcare career if you take advantage of the interactive exercises, games, quizzes, and flash cards on the Evolve companion website.
- A self-study text and workbook approach that reinforces learning at every step of the way with a wide variety of exercises, labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and reviews, all of which are organized by body systems with additional chapters on important areas of health care such as cancer and psychiatry.
- Even if you have a limited or nonexistent background in medicine or science, you can better understand medical terminology by reading explanations that are straightforward, easy to understand, and do not require any technical knowledge.
- In this book, there are over 500 images in full color that represent the complexities of anatomy, physiology, and pathology. These illustrations place medical concepts within the context of the structure and function of the bodily system.
- The application of medical language in a clinical setting can be demonstrated through the use of practical applications such as case reports, operation and diagnostic tests, laboratory and x-ray reports, and so on.
- At the end of each chapter is a section titled “Pronunciation of Terms,” which contains phonetic spellings of the terms as well as spaces for the reader to input the definitions of the terms.
- Learning the medical shorthand that is used in clinical practice is made much simpler by the usage of abbreviations of terminology.
- The list of error-prone abbreviations, which was drawn from the list maintained by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP), provides you with a warning about abbreviations that should not be used in a clinical context.
- Glossaries and appendices that cover a wide range of topics can be used as quick references in the classroom as well as on the job.
- You can practice word parts and building terminology with an Evolve companion website that features interactive word games, learning exercises, an audio glossary with pronunciations of over 3,000 phrases, animations, an anatomy coloring book, electronic flash cards, and more.
- You will stay current with improvements in healthcare by being familiar with NEW words and techniques.
- NEW pathology photos provide a more straightforward illustration of complicated terminologies and procedures, demonstrating conditions that you may see, code, or manage in healthcare settings.
- The NEW Hint function offers illuminating cues that facilitate the study and memorization of specialized terms.
- NEW! You can get hands-on experience working with today’s medical records by using the electronic healthcare records that are available on the Evolve companion website.
- Evolve’s recently added anatomic, pathologic, and procedural animations bring terminology to life and provide a 3D look into the clinical world.
- Evolve’s NEW audio of medical reports gives you the aural practice you need to be able to interpret medical terminology in a clinical scenario.
There are no reviews yet.