Addison-Wesley Professional; 13th edition
Ubuntu Unleashed 2019 Edition (PDF) is filled with unique and advanced information for everyone who wants to make the most of the Ubuntu Linux operating system. This new 2019 edition has been thoroughly updated; including 2 new chapters; by a long-time Ubuntu community leader to reflect the exciting new Ubuntu 18.04 LTS release; with forthcoming online updates for 18.10; 19.04; and 19.10 when they are released.
Linux expert and writer Matthew Helmke covers all you need to know about Ubuntu 18.04 LTS installation; configuration; productivity; multimedia; development; system administration; server operations; virtualization; networking; security; DevOps; and more—including intermediate-to-advanced techniques you won’t find in any other book.
Helmke presents up-to-the-minute introductions to Ubuntu’s key productivity and web development tools; programming languages; hardware support; and more. You’ll find new or improved coverage of the Ubuntu desktop experience; common web servers and software stacks; containers like Docker and Kubernetes; as well as a wealth of systems administration information that is stable and valuable over many years.
- Manage modules and kernels
- Automate tasks and use shell scripting
- Configure and using the Ubuntu desktop
- Administer and run Ubuntu from the command line
- Manage Linux users; services; and software packages
- Provide secure remote access and configure a secure VPN
- Learn about new options for managing large numbers of servers
- Work with databases (both SQL and the newest NoSQL alternatives)
- Get started with multimedia and productivity applications; including LibreOffice
- Get started with virtualization and cloud deployment; including information about containers
- Administer file; email; print; LDAP; proxy; DNS; and HTTP servers (Nginx; Apache; or alternatives)
- Learn the basics about popular programming languages including PHP; Python; Perl; and gain an introduction to new alternatives such as Go and Rust