Donald L. Pavia, Gary M. Lampman, George S. Kriz, James A.Vyvyan
Cengage Learning; 5th edition
Introduce your college students to the latest advances in spectroscopy with the textbook that has set the standard in the field for more than 30 years: Introduction To Spectroscopy 5th edition; by Donald L. Pavia; Gary M. Lampman; George A. Kriz; and James R. Vyvyan. Whether you use the ebook as a primary textbook in an upper-level spectroscopy course or as a companion book with an organic chemistry textbook; your medical students will receive an unmatched; systematic introduction to spectra and basic theoretical concepts in spectroscopic methods. This acclaimed resource features up-to-date spectra; a modern presentation of one-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy; an introduction to biological molecules in mass spectrometry; and coverage of modern techniques alongside COSY; DEPT; and HECTOR.
Table of contents
Table of contents :
1. Molecular Formulas and What Can Be Learned from Them.
2. Infrared Spectroscopy.
3. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Part One: Basic Concepts.
4. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Part Two: Carbon-13 Spectra, Including Heteronuclear
Coupling with Other Nuclei.
5. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Part Three: Spin-Spin Coupling.
6. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Part Four: Other Topics in One-Dimensional NMR.
7. Ultraviolet Spectroscopy.
8. Mass Spectrometry.
9. Combined Structure Problems.
10. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Part Five: Advanced NMR Techniques.
Answers to Selected Problems.
1: Infrared Absorption Frequencies of Functional Groups.
2: Some Representative Chemical Shift Values for Various Types of Protons.
3: Typical Proton Coupling Constants.
4: Calculation of Proton (1H) Chemical Shifts.
5: Calculation of Carbon-13 Chemical Shifts.
6: 13C Coupling Constants.
7: Tables of Precise Masses and Isotopic Abundance Ratios for Molecular Ions Under Mass 100
Containing Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and Oxygen.
8: Common Fragment Ions Under Mass 105.
9: Handy-Dandy Guide to Mass Spectral Fragmentation Patterns.
10: Index of Spectra.